Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 16:18 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
So how would you get Reply to Author if it _is_ a list message?

Message->Reply To Author

That's a *really* bad idea. The standard reply button and Ctrl-R should
give a *private* reply. Changing that to suddenly send *public* replies
is asking for trouble.

I'm afraid I agree with David (assuming I understand the proposal
correctly).  Having standard key sequences and buttons change meaning
based on whether the message being replied to is a list or not seems
like bad design to me.  I would definitely swear at such software daily.
Even moreso if, as David mentions, you change from a normally private
reply type to a public reply type.

I would be OK with having a separate button that was "reply to list"
that would be greyed out when the current message was not a list
message, or something.

I'm afraid I don't agree with the militant publicists here: there are
definitely not-rare times when I want to reply to a person privately,
even from a public mailing list.  I don't agree that just because a
correspondence starts publicly, it's required that all aspects of that
correspondence remain public at all times.