Re: [Evolution] Reply for list messages should go back to the list

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 16:18 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 10:49 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 15:50 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 10:12 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
No no no. Reply To Author is a reply to the author (sender) of the
message, i.e. what you get currently with Ctrl-R, and what you'll still
get with Ctrl-R when it's not a list message. This is very explicit in
the original proposal. Sorry if it isn't clear.

So how would you get Reply to Author if it _is_ a list message?

Message->Reply To Author

That's a *really* bad idea. The standard reply button and Ctrl-R should
give a *private* reply. Changing that to suddenly send *public* replies
is asking for trouble.

That's the whole essence of the original proposal. Your comments on the
BZ page lead me to think that you had understood this since you made a
counterproposal, to wit:

Currently, the 'reply to list' function does nothing if the list
headers aren't detected.

Perhaps we could make it do the same as 'reply to all' in that case,
and then the people who want this feature could just bind the 'reply
to list' function to the Ctrl-Shift-R keystroke?

To which I replied:

Making Reply To List turn into Reply To All when no list headers are present is
not a bad alternative. I don't see the need for changing the keystroke binding
since Ctrl-L would Just Work.

poc