Re: [Evolution] CalDAV error msg

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 10:51 +0100, Xavier Bestel wrote:
On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 20:47 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
Still look to me like Cyrus is hosting my calendar ;)
IT IS NOT.!  It just isn't.  I admin multiple Cyrus systems, I've been a
Cyrus admin for more than a decade, I develop groupware system, and I'm
currently working on a CalDAV implementation ---- Cyrus is *NOT* hosting
your calendar.  Period.  It isn't.
Don't be so sure. At least Kolab had a hack where they store contacts
and calendar onto an IMAP server, disguised as emails.

I'm aware of that abomination; but even in that case there is a
server/service in from of Cyrus with which Evolution communicates via
CalDAV;  that service just uses Cyrus for the backend store.  There
still isn't any CalDAV (HTTP) support in Cyrus.

 They do that to
mimick the Exchange behavior I guess.
Yes, that's ugly but it exists.