Re: [Evolution] CalDAV error msg

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 20:01 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote
On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 19:47 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 00:03 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 18:54 -0500, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 18:27 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Clearly your server has something else besides Cyrus, and that's where
you need to look for problems.
Okay.  But I don't really agree with the above statement.
What part don't you agree with? That your server has something other
than Cyrus on it, or that you need to look there for the problem?
No no, the latter. I haven't provided enough information to
determine that. I would have gladly provided log entries or
something else but since I just started playing around with CalDAV I
don't know where to look for said logs. This is where my request for
help comes in. I need some help to point me in the right
direction...The only fact useful in troubleshooting this issue so
far is that I only get this error from Evo. Sunbird posts events
just fine in the same calendar.
I'm asking for help. But mostly I'm asking for assistance in finding
more information.
What normally hosts a CalDAV compliant calendar? The Insight Server
install, although now open-sourced, was somewhat proprietary. A
single script installs many, many services ranging from the already
mentioned Cyrus IMAP server to a Jabber chat server to ProFTPD
free/busy scheduling server....etc All that to say, I don't know
what was installed to host the calendar service.

Sorry, but I've never bet an "Insight Server".  Perhaps it has an
administrator's guide?

One thing to try is to fire up wireshark and watch Evolution try to
retrieve or update the calendar.  You should see an OPTIONS request to
the URL you've entered, followed by two PROPFINDS and then a REPORT.

Otherwise enable logging of the HTTP server on your "Insight Server" and
watch the transaction from there - every respectable gw server support
HTTP logging.

Just to add a little more info here. I finally found a log worth
examining Here some output:
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] ptload returning data
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] using ptloaded value of: plecavalier
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] open: user plecavalier opened Calendar
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] SQUAT failed to open index file
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] SQUAT failed
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] SQUAT failed to open index file
Feb 18 19:59:06 [imap] SQUAT failed

These are NOT errors, they are debug messages.  All the above is normal.

Still look to me like Cyrus is hosting my calendar ;)

IT IS NOT.!  It just isn't.  I admin multiple Cyrus systems, I've been a
Cyrus admin for more than a decade, I develop groupware system, and I'm
currently working on a CalDAV implementation ---- Cyrus is *NOT* hosting
your calendar.  Period.  It isn't.

My first instinct since it's IMAP was to reconstruct but that didn't
help any.

That will not help all.