Re: [Evolution] Evolution hangs with "formatting"

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 09:10 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
The "Formatting ..." is basically just saying that Evo is trying to
display the email.  I occasionally get it and it seems to be to do
with
Evo failing to get info from the network and I solved most of mine by
turning off the "Load images only for people in your address book.." -
it was ultimately because Evo was trying to search a large on-line
ldap
database.

        Hi,
or the other option is to show contact's photo. Both are mentioned in
Nick's bug report.

Another thing to look at is slow or dodgy net connections to the IMAP
server.

Not necessary, because there are two messages, the first is "Retrieving
message", which means it's downloading it from the network, and the
second is "Formatting message", thus it's done with a mail server, and
tries to prepare it for a preview, usually asking your address books
whether it's supposed to download external images or whether you have
sender in one of your addressbooks for autocompletions, which has a
photo of him/her.
        Bye,
        Milan