Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 21:04 +0100, Jean-Michel Pourà wrote:
I had these issues until I understood that the deleted messages are
not
deleted. They are simply hidden. Thus the mailboxes become huge and
unusable. There is no automatic purge of deleted messages. This is a
flaw in the design of Evolution.

It isn't.

1) You can see that the messages are still there if Show Deleted
Messages is selected.

2) You can also see them in the (virtual) Trash folder.

3) You can automatically expunge messages on logout if you want to.

Evo follows the IMAP model of message deletion. This has been explained
repeatedly and is explicitly stated in the docs and the FAQ. Some other
IMAP clients don't *appear* to do this, but in fact they actually do
(just less efficiently than Evo), since with IMAP there's no choice. The
difference is that these other clients are fudging the issue by not
stating clearly how they work.

poc