Re: [Evolution] What happened to Evolution?

I use it on Fedora 14 and on Fedora 13 it seemed ok. But in defense of Evolution it could very well be some
underlying library that's taken a turn for the worse in Fedora. not sure.

On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 12:31 -0800, Tory M Blue wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-12-21 at 21:04 +0100, Jean-Michel Pouré wrote:
>> Le lundi 20 décembre 2010 à 09:14 -0500, Darren Govoni a écrit :
>> > 1) I now get frequent "error storing folders", "error generating
>> > message list"
>> > 2) It's so slow. It is always "Storing folder", taking almost minutes
>> > to complete. Its on average 5-8x slower
>> > downloading, storing and viewing messages.
>> > 3) Its very buggy. When new messages arrive, they no longer show up in
>> > the folder I'm viewing.

You are not kidding, F12 Evolution 2.28.3

Pile of crud.. I use it because I need MAPI (or prefer it I guess).
But I can't edit a distribution list without it crashing. It crashes a
few times a day when loading in large qty of mail and I select to view
or try to filter or something.

Email from google, comes in with unknown encoding so I have to select
view and select the encoding so I don't get the ?.. Exchange users
send calendar events and evolution says this says it's a calender
event but I don't believe it. Get an email with large amount of listed
text (directory listing of files that have not changed) and I can't
view it, evolution screen is gray. I have to have another unix user
forward that mail to me (and I receive it fine).

So maybe evolution is puuurfect but the mapi connector hates me, I
don't know, but there are so many jokes around the office regarding my
email client and how I can't forward simple html emails without it
puking all over or that I can't edit distribution lists that I'm
responsible for.

Sorry but it's horrible in Fedora (standard yum builds)
Tory