Re: [Evolution] Reminders not working on patched 2.30

On Sat, 2010-08-14 at 20:20 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:
To my surprise, when I do a ps -e | grep evolution, I only see one
process; I do not see the data server. I also do not see
evolution-data-server under /usr/lib/evolution.  Is this something new
with 2.30 or have I mangled something in the data server rebuild and
installation? Strangely, my WebDAV and CalDAV resources are working just
fine which I assume is a function of the data server.

        Hi,
it's called e-addressbook-factory and e-calendar-factory since 2.30.0.

To get alarms one should have running evolution-alarm-notify process,
which is supposed to be run on desktop startup by
/etc/xdg/autostart/evolution-alarm-notify.desktop
which you probably have in your $PREFIX you used while configuring
evolution, not in your root /etc. Or check your session setup, whether
the alarm notify process is listed and checked there.
        Hope that helps,
        Milan