Re: [Evolution] Can't expunge trash

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 12:27 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 21:11 +0900, grasshopper wrote:
On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 09:50 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

Could you post the output of

  ls -l ~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox
-rw------- 1 grasshopper users 1256574 2010-08-19
21:01 /home/grasshopper/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox

So since local/Inbox is file and not a directory that's why you are
having a problem.  i.e. that's why you get the error message:
OK, so that must be when the problem started.

 Error storing '~/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox/OpenSuSe (mbox)': Summary
 and folder mismatch, even after a sync

In your mail folder tree in the Evolution gui, do you have a folder
called 'OpenSuSe' hanging of the Inbox?  If not, where is the folder
called 'OpenSuSe'?
I tried to delete it, but it's still there hanging off the Inbox. It
seems to have become invisible as the OpenSuSe mail are now coming into
my Inbox.  but when I check the Folder Properties I read OpenSuSe Total
messages 3882

One other thing, you said in an earlier message: "but once I go to the
OpenSuSe account" - what do you mean by that?
but once I go to the OpenSuSe account then back to
trash, the mail is back again. There are now 3,610 mail in trash

If it helps, I did a 'zypper dup' and it's since then that the problem
started.

No idea what zypper is ... quick google ... ah OK, it's a command line
package manager for RPM, aka a yum clone. Did you do the full upgrade to
OpenSUSE 11.2 using this, or was it after an update to 11.2?
Yes, I did the full upgrade zypper dup.  I actually meant to do a 'zypper up, but
then decide to go ahead to see what was new :(

Many thanks
grasshopper