Re: [Evolution] access control on imap folders

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 08:36 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 10:34 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
Is there scope for a "read-only" flag when creating an IMAP account or
even on specific folders - so that Evo knows early on not to accept
any changes to it?  Would it allow streamlining of some Evo
operations? It's not something I have ever wanted and I'm not sure if
would use it, but I can see the use cases?

Evo does respect read-only folders as set by the IMAP server. My
institution uses them for local public mailing lists. Users can read
messages but not delete them (the "read" state is local to each user and
maintained by the MUA) and we don't have thousands of copies of the same
message on the mail server.

You can also set up ACLs to share folders with a specific set of other
users, either read or write. We use Cyrus BTW.

Asking from a pure desire to know (and not doubting at all what you
say!)...

How does Evo know if a folder becomes read only?  If for example an
admin changes the ACL on an IMAP folder that Evo is already subscribed
to, is that change indicated back to Evo?

P.