Re: [Evolution] Unread Mail Behavior

Am Freitag, den 23.04.2010, 16:48 +0000 schrieb Mike Alsop:
I hope I am not asking something that has taken up time before, but I
have used Evo for years and love it. (using Evo 2.28.1, Ubuntu 9.10)

For well over over a year I have noted the strange behavior of the
unread mail. I use that facility all the time. The unread mail drops
into that search folder no problems.

Do you use a special search folder to read mail?

 If I start to work my way thru the
mail reading it in the preview pane all goes well unless a new email
arrives, or I delete one of the ones I am reading. Then immediately all
read mail disappears. I am sure in the older versions the read mail
would stay there until you navigated away to another folder.

Should it do this??

My convention is to use the combo box above the message list to quickly
switch between read mail an all mails for a specific folder, or
even mails containing a specific label which are assigned by my
filters.
I also use the search bar to quickly limit the view to messages
containing a specific subject. That displays only the thread.
Works very nicely with 2.28.4.

I am reluctant to use those virtual search folders for regular mail
reading, because my experience was that the update of the virtual
folders does not work cleanly (up to 2.28.x), i.e. is buggy.

--
thomas