[Evolution] Unread Mail Behavior

I hope I am not asking something that has taken up time before, but I
have used Evo for years and love it. (using Evo 2.28.1, Ubuntu 9.10)

For well over over a year I have noted the strange behavior of the
unread mail. I use that facility all the time. The unread mail drops
into that search folder no problems. If I start to work my way thru the
mail reading it in the preview pane all goes well unless a new email
arrives, or I delete one of the ones I am reading. Then immediately all
read mail disappears. I am sure in the older versions the read mail
would stay there until you navigated away to another folder.

Should it do this??

Mike