Re: [Evolution] Unread Mail Behavior

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 16:48 +0000, Mike Alsop wrote:
I hope I am not asking something that has taken up time before, but I
have used Evo for years and love it. (using Evo 2.28.1, Ubuntu 9.10)

For well over over a year I have noted the strange behavior of the
unread mail. I use that facility all the time. The unread mail drops
into that search folder no problems. If I start to work my way thru the
mail reading it in the preview pane all goes well unless a new email
arrives, or I delete one of the ones I am reading. Then immediately all
read mail disappears. I am sure in the older versions the read mail
would stay there until you navigated away to another folder.

Should it do this??

Presumably it's just updating the view. Remember that Unread is a
virtual folder, not a real one. Once you read a message, it's no longer
Unread (duh ...) so the next update will hide it.

poc