Re: [Evolution] Sig placement [Was: newbie questions]

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 06:00 +0800, Ng Oon-Ee wrote:
On Sun, 2009-09-27 at 14:09 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
- Is there a way to make my signature appear in every email without
having to explicitly pick it? Also, if I am replying to a message it
appears to put my sig at the bottom of the entire message, whereas I
want to appear at the bottom only of my text.
Arg!  That means you are top-posing - please use e-mail correctly.
Anyway, in composer preferences / general I think "keep signature above
the original message on replying" does what you want.  But this is in
the "Top Posting (Not Recommended)" sub-section.  Note the "Not
Recommended".  Signatures *ALWAYS* belong at the *END* of the message.
Excuse me for butting in on this thread, but as much as I'm aware of the
'natural-ness' of bottom-posting and its usefulness for long threads, I
believe top-posting is still a relatively common general choice for
emails. While generality doesn't translate to correctness, shouldn't
such a choice be up to the user(s) who are in communication? Doesn't
seem the place of an email client to 'dictate' (in a minor sense) to the
user the right way to send his/her mails.

It doesn't dictate - as mentioned it provides an option specifically to
do it wrong.

Every client should encourage users to use best practices.