Re: [Evolution] Calendar functions no longer working

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 03:27 +0000, John & Melonie Curwood wrote:
Hi,  I have been using evolution on a Ubuntu wubi install (Intrepid) for
several months with everything functioning very well.  However about 2
weeks ago I started evolution to enter a new appointment for work and
all my appointments for all my calendars have disappeared.  While this
is annoying and frustrating It wasn't a reason to freak out as I had all
my different calendars saved as .cal files.  I went to import these
files - followed the normal process and at then end nothing happened.  I
then tried to add a new appointment but nothing happened when I selected
New Appointment.

My next step was to launch evolution from the command line and try to
use the calendar to see what errors came up.  When I clicked on the
calendar button on the main in-box screen I got the following error,
repeated 3 times.

(evolution:10008): calendar-gui-WARNING **: Unable to load the calendar
Unknown error

when I tried to add a new appointment I received the following error.

(evolution:10008): calendar-gui-WARNING **: Default client not loaded

I was wondering if I have somehow deleted an essential component and
have tried re-installing evolution through the synaptic package manager
but I still get the same conditions. Any help would be greatly
appreciated, as I do use the evolution calendar for work and trying to
use a spreadsheet (as I am currently doing) is both time consuming and
frustrating.
Are these calendar's created, 'On this Computer' ? Please run
evolution-data-server (EDS) on a separate terminal,

/usr/lib/evolution-data-server-1.2/evolution-data-server
or
/usr/libexec/evolution-data-server-<version>

and run evolution. Please send the output from the termnial where you
started EDS.

- Chenthill.

regards,

John Curwood