Re: [Evolution] Changing Port 25 to Port 587

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:12:59 -0700
John Maxwell <jmaxwell frii com> wrote:

Adam,
I have tried all of those variations including mail.XXX.com:587,
smtp.XXX.com:587 and restarting the machine between changes,
unfortunately they have not worked. Originally mail.XXX.com worked
for years before Verizon made the changes Monday. My email server is
at my old ISP that we have used for years. A call to them revealed
that mail.XXX.com is the proper syntax and if the email client needs
port 587 then it resides with the client and the host isp.

Please run Evo from a terminal as follows:

env CAMEL_DEBUG=all evolution >& evo.log

Then try to send an email; it should fail. Quit Evo, so that the log
will not get larger, and now look at the log. The error should be there.

Cheers,