Re: [Evolution] Changing Port 25 to Port 587

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 15:46 -0700, John Maxwell wrote:
My ISP (Verizon) changed the rules for sending email. They now require
using port 587 to send email instead of the default port 25. I have made
the change on my 2 windows machines using Eudora 7 with ease but getting
Evolution to work has been a problem. It still received email but will
not send. I have changer the SMTP server name to include :587 at the end
but still no luck. I am running Ubuntu 8.1o on the desktop and 8.04 on
the netbook with the same results.