[Evolution] Changing Port 25 to Port 587

My ISP (Verizon) changed the rules for sending email. They now require using port 587 to send email instead of the default port 25. I have made the change on my 2 windows machines using Eudora 7 with ease but getting Evolution to work has been a problem. It still received email but will not send. I have changer the SMTP server name to include :587 at the end but still no luck. I am running Ubuntu 8.1o on the desktop and 8.04 on the netbook with the same results.