Re: [Evolution] Changing Port 25 to Port 587

I have tried all of those variations including, and restarting the machine between changes, unfortunately they have not worked. Originally worked for years before Verizon made the changes Monday. My email server is at my old ISP that we have used for years. A call to them revealed that is the proper syntax and if the email client needs port 587 then it resides with the client and the host isp.

On the windows side Eudora 7 and outlook express made the conversion fine but if tried thunderbird and it exhibits the same problem.

An interesting problem.

At 03:38 AM 10/16/2009, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 22:00 -0700, John Maxwell wrote:
> Phil & Kojak.t,
> Using plain, TSL & SSL encryption, messages are received but no mail
> is sent, the window just sits there. Authentication is checked or not
> the results are the same. If I change the outgoing server from
> to it attempts to send the mail but
> has the following error message "Host lookup failed:
> Name or service not known" and is the only error
> message I can get otherwise it sits there regardless of how long I
> wait (several minutes).

That makes sense; there probably is no "";  have you
tried just ""?  Or looking up what the setting should be.
The port syntax XXX.YYY.ZZZ:### does work.  Our shop runs SMTP on
TCP/21212 and specifying works in evolution.

Evolution-list mailing list
Evolution-list gnome org

Checked by AVG -