Re: [Evolution] why older version on official site ?

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 11:52 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 13:02 +0500, Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
evo 2.26.2-2 for MS Windows could be download from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/shellter/files/Evolution/Evolution-2.2
6.2-2/Evolution-2.26.2-2.msi/download

but on official site( http://download.go-oo.org/evo/ ) the latest
version for MS Windows is 2.22.2-1
http://download.go-oo.org/evo/evolution-2.22.2-1.msi

why the older version on official website ?
and should I use 2.26 confidently ? or use 2.22 from official website
?

      Hi,
hmm, I always thought the official Evolution website is
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/
and the port to MS Windows is just an effort of other people, (more or)
less related to Evolution team.
Thanks for the info(I really was not aware of this before)
Do you suggest using evolution on windows then ? I mean when evolution
is not officially maintained and provided for MS Windows.. so is it not
better to use any other open-source email client on windows ?.
I mean what about stability/reliability of "evolution" for windows ?

The Gnome Windows binaries aren't as that up to date too
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/evolution/
who maintains this ? its look like an official website.

-ms