Re: [Evolution] why older version on official site ?

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 13:02 +0500, Muhammad Sharfuddin wrote:
evo 2.26.2-2 for MS Windows could be download from

http://sourceforge.net/projects/shellter/files/Evolution/Evolution-2.2
6.2-2/Evolution-2.26.2-2.msi/download

but on official site( http://download.go-oo.org/evo/ ) the latest
version for MS Windows is 2.22.2-1
http://download.go-oo.org/evo/evolution-2.22.2-1.msi

why the older version on official website ?
and should I use 2.26 confidently ? or use 2.22 from official website
?

        Hi,
hmm, I always thought the official Evolution website is
http://projects.gnome.org/evolution/
and the port to MS Windows is just an effort of other people, (more or)
less related to Evolution team.

The Gnome Windows binaries aren't as that up to date too
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/evolution/

With respect of versions, the recent stable version is 2.28.1. It's
usually better to use the latest, because of bug fixes. Though the 2.22
is a version before movement to db-summary for messages. Maybe try 2.26
and if you think it has some issues, then try 2.22? I do not know, I'm
using a development version, and on a Linux machine.
        Bye,
        Milan