[Evolution] Splitting Mbox

Hi,

I have 3 folder which are more than 2.0GB and I am unable to access
them... including my 'sent' folder. When ever I send a mail I get
error -

Error while performing operation.
Failed to append to mbox:/home/bharath/.evolution/mail/local#Sent:
Cannot get folder `Sent': Value too large for defined data type
Appending to local `Sent' folder instead.

I am not a techie... I tried formail...gplsit and other scipts to
split the Mbox... but have not been successful.

Please guide me to split Mbox in a simple way.

I am on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS - Evolution 2.22.3.1

Bharath