Re: [Evolution] hard drive grinds when I resize Evo columns

On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 08:35 -0700, timzak wrote:
The best I can describe it is it sounds as if each pixel movement when
resizing columns is written directly to disk, so if you slide the column 100
pixels, it will write to the disk 100 times.  I happen to have a loud hard
drive, so it's very noticeable.

Very good observation. e_xml_save_file uses fsync, thus that can cause
this. (I think it's used here too, it is when you change from one folder
to another, for example.)

 Should this be reported as a bug?

I'm not sure here, someone else might decide.

        Bye
        Milan