[Evolution] hard drive grinds when I resize Evo columns

I've noticed this for awhile now but never mentioned it because it is not a
usability issue.  Whenever I resize columns in Evolution (in the mail view),
for example, From, Subject, Date, or Size columns, I can literally hear the
hard drive in my computer grind in exact correspondence to my resizing of
the columns.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Is it normal?