Re: [Evolution] hard drive grinds when I resize Evo columns

Matthew Barnes wrote:

On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 09:27 -0700, timzak wrote:
Currently noticing on 2.26, the default installation in Ubuntu 9.04.  In
the
past, I have noticed this behavior in 2.22 when trying Evolution in
Ubuntu
8.04.

I can confirm a CPU spike in 2.27.1 when resizing columns.  Not really
surprising since we use custom drawing code to render the message list.
That code is ancient and hasn't seen much love in the past few years.
Frankly I'm amazed it's held up as well as it has.

Matthew Barnes

The best I can describe it is it sounds as if each pixel movement when
resizing columns is written directly to disk, so if you slide the column 100
pixels, it will write to the disk 100 times.  I happen to have a loud hard
drive, so it's very noticeable.  Should this be reported as a bug?