Re: [Evolution] Problem viewing calendars on multiple machines

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 10:07 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 15:32 +0100, Matej Cepl wrote:
On 2009-03-10, 13:43 GMT, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
You mean you pay for the phone call? I hardly think that's
a reason to drop it. Or do you mean something else?

No, I mean there are no unlimited calling plans (or they are
prohibitively expensive) so every second is charged for and
I would prefer over-the-USB/BT/something-else synchronization.

I still think that's no reason to not support the package. Presumably
one can use SyncEvolution over normal networks as well.

For SyncEvolution, definetely yes. In fact that's the only way of using
it.

I think what Matej is saying is that he cannot synchronize his phone the
same way without paying too much for it, and SyncEvolution alone isn't
all that useful to him.

Matej, you might try running a local installation of the Funambol server
and connecting to that via a local IP network. Admittedly a bit involved
and might not work with your mobile device. Alternatively ScheduleWorld
has a Bluetooth bridge which connects locally to your phone and syncs
with the ScheduleWorld server:
        http://wiki.scheduleworld.com/wiki/FireFox_Configuration

I haven't tried it myself, but it sounds nifty.

I hope you'll continue to maintain the Fedora package even if you cannot
get it to work. Thanks for your help on any case.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly