Re: [Evolution] addressbook.db : is EDS 2.24.3 compatible with EDS 2.24.2 ?

2009/1/20 Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>:
On Mon, 2009-01-19 at 19:44 +0100, Jean-Claude Tergal wrote:
I tried. Changes nothing. In both cases, the configure of EDS says :
Berkeley DB:      statically linked to local copy

Then that should be fine. I cannot think of anything else than trying to
find some recovery tools from a libdb package.

Thanks for your reply.

I have perhaps an explanation : the EDS 2.24.2 was a Mandriva RPM, and
I don't with wich version of libdb they compiled it. I just know that
libdb-devel 4.6.21 was installed on my system. And I have noticed that
the libdb provided in the new vanilla EDS source package was 4.1.25.

So, if the Mandriva' EDS has been compiled with libdb 4.6.21, I can
imagine that my addressbook.db, saved using this libdb 4.6.21 last
mounth, was unreadable by the libdb 4.1.25 of the official sources.

But that is just a guess.

Anyway, I have found a work around : open the addressbook.db with
another computer where Evo/EDS still work, save it as a .vcf file,
then import it on the new installation. Some fields are not
displaying, I have to open the contact, then re-save it again to make
the field appear in the column, but that is still a good workaround,
for me.

Nicolas
(Strasbourg, France)