Re: [Evolution] addressbook.db : is EDS 2.24.3 compatible with EDS 2.24.2 ?

2009/1/19 Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>:

With respect to the db issue, it seems it either got corrupted or the
evolution-data-server got build with different libdb version, which
doesn't understand your actual format (maybe downgrade?). Nonetheless,
I'm only guessing here, I have no other idea what else can be wrong, or
what exactly do to fix it.

The thing is that libdb is part of the evolution-data-server sources,
even your distro can configure it to use other version in configure
parameters.

Hi ! Thanks for the reply.
lib64db4.6-devel version 4.6.21 is indeed installed on my system. And
there is no other libdb files in /usr/local/lib (where EDS should have
installed its own libdb library, if needed).

Should I uninstall the lib64db4.6-devel package, and re-compile EDS
with its own libdb ? I'll try that.

Nicolas
(Strasbourg, France)