Re: [Evolution] query regarding MAPI

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 11:13 +0100, Christoph Burgdorf wrote:
Hi Sirshendu,

As far as I know the next version of Evolution will use MAPI to access
the mails. Right now they are accessed through OWA (WebDAV) but I
think itâs mostly due to an licence issue that it has not yet moved
over to the MAPI access.

Actually I think it's mostly because MS only released the specs for MAPI
(meaning the actual wire protocol rather than the APIs) quite recently,
so previous attempts have been based on reverse engineering and haven't
been too reliable.

poc

PS Please don't top-post on this list. It makes threads harder to
follow.