Re: [Evolution] Problem with Evolution 2.22.1 and appointment invitations

I'm not sure what you mean.  Outlook shares calendars through Exchange.
I don't believe there's any other way to do group calendaring with
Outlook (other than exporting the calendar to a file and then importing
it at the remote location).

Actually I am not talking about group calendaring via groupware. You can
use an IMAP/POP-Account with SMTP without any Exchange Server. In that
case invitations are sent out by E-Mail through SMTP. The invitees get
an e-mail which they can use to Accept/Decline the invitation. In that
case the appointment is not saved on any exchange server but in the
local calendar profile.

Local calendars have nothing to do with this.

But I am talking about local calendar without any exchange solution
behind it.

It was true for me when I was using Evo 2.10 or so.  Since then I've
always used Exchange as my outgoing server and it's always worked.

Since I dont have an Exchange Server I can't use Evolution with it to
try out.

But there must be a way to get that fixed without using an exchange
server since there are a lot of people out there who are using basic
e-mail accounts via IMAP/POP and SMTP!?

Cheers,

Artur