Re: [Evolution] Problem with Evolution 2.22.1 and appointment invitations

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 15:54 +0200, Artur Mücke wrote:
What the hack. Yes, I am sending the invitations through a SMTP
(Postfix) server but what if there is no exchange server at all?
You can have "offline users" who are just using their local calendar
on both sides, Evolution and Outlook as well.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Outlook shares calendars through Exchange.
I don't believe there's any other way to do group calendaring with
Outlook (other than exporting the calendar to a file and then importing
it at the remote location).

Local calendars have nothing to do with this.

I can't imagine that this is how it works, is it!?

It was true for me when I was using Evo 2.10 or so.  Since then I've
always used Exchange as my outgoing server and it's always worked.

It's easy enough to try it, so the best thing to do is see if it works
for you.