Re: [Evolution] Evolution/MAPI + Exchange 2003 (opnchngeclnt works from terminal)

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 2:54 AM, Johnny Jacob <jjohnny novell com> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 13:05 -0500, Tony Risinger wrote:
On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Johnny Jacob <jjohnny novell com> wrote:
On Wed, 2008-07-09 at 07:46 -0500, Tony Risinger wrote:
Hello,

Firstly, awesome job with all the work so far.  Really looking forward
to the day I dump the 20+ Windows machines in my office; Exchange
server itself needs to be dumped too but thats a little ways off :(.

my sandbox:

Ubuntu 8.04
Alien RPM's from Fedora 9 (samba/libmapi/evo-provider)
Exchange Server 2003

Everything i have tried so far from terminal has worked splendidly.  I
can access my mail/send mail/etc.  here is my success from terminal:
http://pastebin.com/fc9692d6

and my non-success from Evolution:
http://pastebin.com/f222d893a

What are the package versions you are using ?

I'm currently using the packages in this repo:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/msuman:/evolution-mapi-provider/Fedora_9/x86_64/

64bit - Aliened over so I can install on Ubuntu 8.04.

I suppose it could be the alien process that is damaging it.  I
haven't ran it with the "scripts" option to convert the scripts, I
will probably try that.  Also will try and set up a test openSUSE box
here at the office to make sure...  would however like to find some
packages for Hardy as I intend to stick to Debian for the deployment
here at my office. I like APT :)

I tried compiling everything from source (MAPI branch), and everything
was going really well except I couldn't get evolution to "find"
libmapi/MAPI on ./configure.  I got samba4 compiled/installed, and
libmapi, but again when compiling evolution I couldn't figure out how
to get evolution to realize MAPI libs were available and include it.
Any help there would be good too.

Thanks for the information. Looks like the folder ids are messed up.
We havent really tested the provider on 2003. I'll check this out as
soon as i get back from GUADEC. (15th Jul)

I just configured evolution mapi provider against a 2003 server. Looks
like every thing is fine. I'm using the latest code from branches. Send
Mail has problems and i'm working on it.

Also I have full administrative access to this 2003 Exchange Server.
I am eager to get to testing this, let me know of anything you need.

Thanks a lot !
Johnny Jacob http://johnnyjacob.org