Re: [Evolution] switching calendar from old to new machine

On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 14:25 +0100, Daniel Rigden wrote:
Dear all

I have just switched to a new machine running Evolution on Ubuntu.  I
forgot to make a backup file from Evolution running on my old machine.
However, I found that by transferring across the .evolution directory
(which I had in the general backup) I get back all my mails and
contacts.  What I DON'T get back is my calendar.  Even when I replace
both

.evolution/tasks/local/system/tasks.ics
AND
.evolution/calendar/local/system/calendar.ics

with my old calendar.ics file, Evolution still keeps its fresh calendar.
Where is it storing the calendar now (in addition to the above places)?
Is it possible to make it load my old calendar.ics file or do I really
need to go back to the old computer (rather inconvenient)

This is a FAQ. Not everything is stored in .evolution. See:

http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_transfer_all_my_Evolution_data_between_computers.2Fto_a_new_partition.2Fto_a_new_computer.3F

poc