Re: [Evolution] Applying filters automatically.

On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 17:19 -0700, Steve Karmesin wrote:
On Feb 1, 2008 5:08 PM, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:

        BUT - I do think it needs to be sorted out - I regularly
        answer this
        same question on the list and it is clearly not intuitive to
        people.  It
        may be an issue with particular IMAP clients or particular
        combinations
        of setups, but it does need to be documented.

I just want to reiterate:  this isn't just not intuitive, it is not
nearly as useful to many users.  Why not have the mode that mimics
what t-bird does as an option?

But what *does* Thunderbird do?  A few people have said that it's better
at doing it, but no one has actually enumerated the logic that it goes
through.  i.e. does it only filter 'unread' or unseen to that particular
client instance or does it mark a message as having been filtered?

P.