Re: [Evolution] Evolution inefficient coding?

Hello

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 18:53 -0700, Chris Worley wrote:
On Jan 30, 2008 6:42 PM, Murray Trainer <mtrainer central-data net> wrote:
Hi,

I have been trying to pin down the cause of my copy of Evolution 2.12.0
on SuSE 10.2 hanging occasionally by running strace evolution from the
command line which prints its system calls.  I noticed that it does
repeated searches of various directories for icons etc - most of which
fail.  Surely it should do it once at startup then remember which icon
files to use instead of doing lots of unnecessary reads as shown below?

C'mon, you're talking C++ code... all that hidden stuff that the
programmer "never needs to worry about"... that elephant when you only
Is not evolution written predominately in C ?

need the tail... it's supposed to go off on its own and do unnecessary
stuff! ;)