Re: [Evolution] How to use maildir as storage format?

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 11:33:01AM -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 11:25 -0400, John Affleck wrote:
So after this thread caught my eye (having suffered from mbox corruption
one time too many), I decided to convert all of my 'local mail' to
maildir format folders. So I did the following:
- Added a new account with 'Maildir-format mail directories'
- Pointed it at an empty top-level directory.

Is this within .evolution or somewhere else? I'm thinking of backup
scripts and when you eventually transport your setup to another machine.

The new 'account' I created lived outside of the .evolution directory
(~/Mail, in my case). I assume there's no reason not to create it under
.evolution, but I don't think I'd recommend it.

I should probably be clear - I did not convert Evolution's "local
storage" to maildir - I still have mbox files under
.evolution/mail/local that evolution uses as an Outbox for example. I
created an entirely new folder tree as what Evolution thinks of as a
separate account (with an outgoing mail server and everything). I
suspect that evolution will do nothing to 'manage' the new folder and
it would have to be treated as an entirely separate entity for backup or
migration purposes.

  John A.