Re: [Evolution] Bug

On 10/26/07, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 06:35 -0600, Todd Ness wrote:
I represent a company with 600+ end users.  We are actively seeking
replacements for many Microsoft technologies such as Outlook/Exchange
and MS Office.  We are currently testing OpenOffice.org and Evolution
with select users and the IT Staff.
Also, instead of logging the user out you can open a shell and run:
pkill -f evolution
and then start your client up again.

The canonical way to kill Evo is "evolution --force-shutdown", but of
course "pkill" is easier to type. Is there a difference? I've no idea,
and the online help is silent.

Pkill just searches for all processes of the current user which match
the leading pattern evolution and kills them.

evolution --force-shutdown kills
evolution
evolution-data-server
evolution-exchange
evolution-alarm-notify

In this case there isnt much of a difference since you probably
dont have any other application called evolution-* which is
running but is unrelated to evolution.

Its fairly straightforward to see that using evolution --force-shutdown
is a much safer bet.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Shreyas