Re: [Evolution] imap and automatic filtering

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 11:19 -0600, gary jefferson wrote:
Is there anything I can do to make automatic filtering /not/ be super
flaky when using imap?  It seems that sometimes, only a few of my
filters get applied to INBOX, and sometimes non of them.  So I have to
do the manual select-messages,-select-menu-apply-filters dance all the
time.

I /do/ have the appropriate "Apply fitlers to new messages in INBOX on
this server" checkbox checked under Receiving Options.

My inbox used to be pop, and things worked find there.

Also, I sometimes have two evolution clients running at the same time
(one at home, on at work).  Could this be causing the messages to not
*seem* like new messages to evolution (even though they are marked as
unread)?

Definitely. IMAP is not designed to support multiclient coherence in
this sense, i.e. the first Evo instance to filter the message will
implicitly mark it as "seen" (i.e. not new) so the second instance will
ignore it. The only solution is to close your office session (or go
offline) when you go home, and vice versa.

poc

PS This of course also applies to any other clients that might be
reading your IMAP store.