Re: [Evolution] imap and automatic filtering

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 11:19 -0600, gary jefferson wrote:
Also, I sometimes have two evolution clients running at the same time
(one at home, on at work).  Could this be causing the messages to not
*seem* like new messages to evolution (even though they are marked as
unread)?

This may be exactly the problem.  It would be more helpful if you
mentioned what version of Evo you're using and what operating
system/version you're running it on.

Evo's IMAP support is pretty sub-optimal in this situation, because it
doesn't push back attribute changes to the IMAP server unless you exit
Evo or go into offline mode before you leave for work or home (IIRC).
Unfortunately, offline mode is flaky in Exchange; if I go offline then
back online my calendar does not notify me of appointments anymore and
new mail does not appear in my summary window; I have to exit/restart
Evo.

But if I leave them both running then my spam filtering is flaky and
messages I've marked as deleted in one instance don't appear as deleted
in the other instance.  I don't do a lot of filtering on my IMAP mailbox
(at the moment) but I'm sure I'd have similar issues if I did.

I can understand that they don't want Evo pushing back for every minor
tweak of the local data, but it should do something more intelligent
than what it currently does.

What I'd love to see is for Evo to push outstanding attribute changes to
the server after it's been idle for some amount of time, like 5 minutes
or so.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us