[Evolution] imap and automatic filtering

Is there anything I can do to make automatic filtering /not/ be super
flaky when using imap?  It seems that sometimes, only a few of my
filters get applied to INBOX, and sometimes non of them.  So I have to
do the manual select-messages,-select-menu-apply-filters dance all the
time.

I /do/ have the appropriate "Apply fitlers to new messages in INBOX on
this server" checkbox checked under Receiving Options.

My inbox used to be pop, and things worked find there.

Also, I sometimes have two evolution clients running at the same time
(one at home, on at work).  Could this be causing the messages to not
*seem* like new messages to evolution (even though they are marked as
unread)?

Thanks,
Gary