Re: [Evolution] Filters not working

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 11:39 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 09:58 -0500, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I'd just like to add that Evo does not push message status info back
the server as quickly as one might like. In fact I suspect it only
does
it when resynching. I've frequently had the following scenario:

- Start Evo
- Delete some messages
- Have a crash or hang for some unrelated reason
- Restart Evo
- Find the same messages not deleted

As others have mentioned more than once, it would be useful to have an
explicit "Synch the current folder state" button (perhaps as a variant
of Send/Receive).

I have noticed this, too.  Except, that I thought the Send/Receive
button did force a sync.

For the record, I am glad that the sync is not real time as there would
be constant network traffic to the server.  Haven't checked lately, but
I think the frequency is configurable.

What's configurable is the frequency of checking for new mail, but that
may not be the same thing. One of my perennial gripes about Evo is that
this kind of thing is not documented in any accessible way (short of
reading the code or browsing highly technical design docs). Of course
the same is true of most other clients.

poc