Re: [Evolution] [IMAP] Filtering and Expunging

"simply quitting Evo isn't enough. You have to log out or use
the '--force-shutdown' option to make sure the back end is no longer
active"

But I've not noticed this problem (but I do use CNTL-E every so
often!)
but surely 'CNTL -D' marks it as deleted locally and moves said email
the Trash. Then there's options to empty Trash on exit every time
which
worked just now (as in all deleted messages disappeared when
restarted)
when I tested it.

If you expunge just before quitting Evo, then as far as explicit deletes
go you're OK. However the backend still keeps filtering new mail, and
every filter rule which refiles messages in folders is actually copying
them and deleting the original, so we're back where we started.

This drove me crazy till I figured it out :-)

Really!  I leave the Evo background processes going nearly all the time
(i.e. I quit evo by clicking on the 'x' icon in the icon bar of the
window) and it doesn't filter mails after it has quit.  This is using
IMAP though - don't know about Exchange - wouldn't touch it with a barge
pole.