Re: [Evolution] [IMAP] Filtering and Expunging

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 13:51 +0100, Rúben Fonseca wrote:

Delete in Evolution needs to be followed by Expunge (CNTL E) for emails
to be deleted off the server. This works as expected for me.

If I press Ctrl+E yes, it works, the messages are deleted on server.
But I think that, *at least*, there should be an option that does this
automatically, every time I delete a message, it expunges the server.
Don't expect me to hit 2 keyboard shortcuts every time I want to delete
a message.

{and from another message Ruben says:}

try suspending your laptop, go to home/work and open evolution
there on another box

TO which I would have said quit Evolution before suspending and it
should work as you expect.

However, POC said:

"simply quitting Evo isn't enough. You have to log out or use
the '--force-shutdown' option to make sure the back end is no longer
active"

But I've not noticed this problem (but I do use CNTL-E every so often!)
but surely 'CNTL -D' marks it as deleted locally and moves said email to
the Trash. Then there's options to empty Trash on exit every time which
worked just now (as in all deleted messages disappeared when restarted)
when I tested it.