Re: [Evolution] [IMAP] Filtering and Expunging

On Tue, 2007-06-19 at 12:12 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

* Whenever I have new mail, some filters are not applied. For
example,
some (if not all) spam messages aren't deleted or emails are not
delivered to sub folders. I have to manually select the new emails,
and
press Ctrl + Y to (re)apply filters. As you can imagine, after 2
days,
you don't want to use Evo anymore. I checked and rechecked each
account
and found the "Apply filters to new messages on this server" on.

Do you have something else that is accessing your IMAP folders?  Like
mail notification applet or a webmail application.  The definition of
"new" mail is dependent on the IMAP server - if something else has
seen
the mail, then it is no longer "new" according to the IMAP server and
so
Evo doesn't filter it.

Maybe this could be causing problems.. I will look at my machines
looking for mail notification programs and then I will report my results
later.

* When (manually or automatically) my email is filtered, it
disappears
from the Inbox. This is ok. But if for some reason my evolution
crashes
or I lost internet connectivity, lots of old "unfiltered" emails appear
as soon as I connect to the server again. It seems that when emails are
deleted or moved, evolutions caches the information but doesn't apply it
on the remote IMAP server. I search and found no option to do this. I
really want the emails to be expunged as soon as I gave an order to do
so.

"Expunging" is a server side function, it's not Evo that does it - in
fact most things to do with IMAP folders are done on the server side.
The only time that Evo caches things like that is if it is working
offline.

To me, it looks like there is something else fiddling with your mail
boxes.

P.