Re: [Evolution] Evolution Icons still missing....

OK folks, I have solved the missing icon question.  It may be a Gentoo
problem so if the Gentoo Evolution (or Gnome) Package maintainer reads
this - here's the solution as discovered in the Gentoo forum at
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3348839.html#3348839

The icons in /usr/share/icons were not readable by anyone but root.  So,
as root I simply executed "chmod -R 0775 /usr/share/icons" and that did
the trick.

Thanks all, I hope this helps another Gentoo user.