Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 07:07 -0500, James Pifer wrote:
Firstly I have evolution 2.4.2, so I don't know if that makes a
difference to the applet.

I added a mailbox in the prefs window, using:
"mailbox type"  "Evolution"
"mailbox name"  "INBOX"

looking at the mail-notification source (for gentoo) I see a patch
applied called mail-notification-2.0-evolution-2.4.diff

Ah, yes, I don't have an option for Evolution. I selected Autoselect for
the mailbox type.

I installed by RPM(using yum) not source. Wonder if there's a way to get
the evolution patch for mine on FC4?

no doubt you could install the source rpm, then patch it?
Alternatively, you could install gentoo :>

 Wonder if I could install from the
same source you used?

no doubt you could do this also!!  Get the sources from any gentoo
mirror (http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml).  The "pure"
mail-notification will be in
your.mirror/pub/gentoo/distfiles/mail-notification-2.0.tar.gz

and the patches are in the gentoo portage, called
mail-notification-2.0-buildfix.diff
mail-notification-2.0-evolution-2.4.diff
mail-notification-2.0-gmail-properties-fix.diff

You can get them from
your.mirror/pub/gentoo/snapshots/portage-latest.tar.bz2 however this is
a BIG file, so I can just mail you the patches off list if you want.

I have no idea how these will work for you, but let me know how you go.
--
Iain Buchanan <iaindb netspace net au>