Re: [Evolution] Compile

Am Montag, den 16.01.2006, 15:18 +0100 schrieb Andre Klapper:
hi ron,

Am Freitag, den 13.01.2006, 10:55 -0800 schrieb Ron Eggler (Mobile):
I try to install the latest Version (2.4.2.1) of Evolution. When I run
the configure script I get that:
Package atk was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `atk.pc'
No package 'atk' found
configure: error: Package requirements (atk) were not met.
[...]
erm, I installed all atk package provided by suse on my suse 9.3
installation but when searching for atk.pc, I cannot find that file.

what does "rpm -qa|grep atk" return? do you have atk-devel installed?
what does "echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH" return?

There we go:
reg linux:~> su
Password:
linux:/home/reg # rpm -qa|grep atk
atk-1.10.3-2
atk-1.9.1-4
linux:/home/reg # echo $PKG_CONFIG_PATH
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig
linux:/home/reg #

After that, are all my currently existing information in evolution
2.2.1 clean converted to use in the new version?

normally: yes. afaik there have been no changes regarding this. :-)

Hm, then I better do a backup now ;)

chEErs roN