Re: [Evolution] junk filtering

Depends on version and distribution. A good starting point is to find
the file "local.cf" inside some spamassassin directory (wherever that
may be on your system). It usually resides in /etc/spamassassin
or /etc/mail/spamassassin.

<snip>

I am also new to SA & was getting far too much spam past it.  For
newbies, using the Spam Assassin Mail Filter module in webmin was
extremely easy.  In the spam message classification options module I
just changed the "Hits above which a message is considered spam" setting
from its default of 5 down to 3 (pure guess) & the spam filtering has
been about perfect ever since.  I did click the "junk" button on all
spam that made it to my inbox before I found and changed the
classification value so I'm sure that improved it.  Changing the value
was the only thing that made SA useful though.

I strongly advice *not* to do this, unless you really do know what you
are doing.

The points per SA rule are no coincidence, neither an educated guess.
They are adjusted for *any* major SA release, which includes added or
changed rules and tests. This calculation is based on a an *extremely*
large corpus of Spam and Ham and takes the default score of 5 for Spam
into consideration as well.

Lowering the default score by guessing is potentially harmful.

...guenther