[Evolution] junk filtering

Can anybody point me to documentation on how evolution handles junk
mail? Meaning what rules it is using. As near as I can tell I have the
function turned on, and as near as I can tell, it has never flagged
anything as junk on its own. I get a number each day that are
"obviously" spam, from addresses are random sequences of 12 characters
with a hotmail domain. The receipt date shows as a "?" I have hit the
junk button on these hundreds of times, yet it still hasn't learned
whatever it needs to learn to flag the new ones itself.

Is it possible I have missed something?

I guess I should feel lucky, I only get maybe a half dozen a day: I
understands others get hundreds a day, but it is still annoying.

Thanks,
David