Re: [Evolution] Connecting to LDAP address book

Scott et al:

The results I've gotten with this issue are confusing. I tried the setup with two different LDAP servers, one installed by our sysadmin at work, and one that I installed myself at home. Here's what I got:

1. At work, rebooting (once or more) connected me to the LDAP addressbook. At home, it didn't.

2. Fixing ldap.conf to have correct BASE and URI entries enables ldapsearch -x to work. Otherwise, command-line parameters need to be added manually. Question: Does Evolution need ldap.conf settings too? Given that Evo also asks for these parameters in its addressbook settings.

3. In any case, I cannot display the full contents of the addressbook. I can also filter on some values. Did anyone notice this behaviour?

I installed a cool little app called luma (apt-get install luma) that connects to LDAP servers and has an addressbook module. Reading and writing work fine in all cases, even for remote servers (i.e., accessing my home LDAP server from work).